Before we start our journey into Magento, there is one thing we can tell you for sure: you are here because you want your online store business to succeed. It doesn’t matter whether you are about to launch your first online store or you want to improve an existing one — you have certain needs […]
Well-known as a blogging platform, WordPress is also a great content management system (CMS) to consider for your business website. Though there are many other free and paid CMS available out there, the WordPress solution can improve the user’s online experience while answering a company’s needs for website control, flexibility, and ease of use.
What Is WordPress Used for? Is WordPress Just for Blogs?
While WordPress was conceived as a blogging platform, it is actually used for a wide array of projects. Here are just a few examples as an answer to the question, “What can I do with WordPress?” that you probably have:
- Portfolio websites. Looking for a job? Want to attract clients? Showcase your photos? A portfolio website is one of the most effective ways to achieve these goals, and the WordPress features allow you to set up a site like that without much effort.
- Business websites. We’re going to talk about this next, but one of the most notable WordPress benefits is its customizability. This enables you to create a business website with your unique brand style and almost any functionality thanks to a large number of available plugins.
- eCommerce websites. You might think that you need a specialized platform like Shopify for building an online store. But, in fact, WordPress is an excellent tool for creating eCommerce websites as well. You just need to pair it with the WooCommerce plugin, which has every feature to ensure efficient Internet sales.
- MVP websites. Testing a business idea quickly before launching a fully-fledged project can save you a ton of money down the line. Since WordPress speeds up web development, you can quickly create an MVP website based on this platform.
Why Is WordPress so Popular?
What does WordPress popularity hinge on? Here are the main reasons why so many businesses choose this platform for their corporate website.
WordPress Is Free
When you start a new business, keeping expenses as low as possible is pretty important; a free CMS can provide big savings, allowing you to invest your budget in other professional services like design and customer service development.
WordPress Is Flexible
Because of the way it is coded as a multi-use CMS, a single WordPress install allows you to develop a website, a blog, a forum and an entire community all based on the same platform, giving you the ability to incorporate every tool your online business needs under one roof.
Build a static home page with static pages behind it or dynamic pages with drop down menus, sell products on customized landing pages, and easily add image galleries and social media options that encourage user engagement. The platform can basically be adapted to anything, becoming an ideal choice for growing your business.
WordPress Is Fully Customizable
As the site owner, you can customize your settings to meet your business needs as follows:
- Privacy. The private/public content setting lets you choose what and how much of the available information you want to share. You may want a private page for current clients only, and public sections for everyone who visits.
- Drafts and Scheduling. Time is the most expensive asset we all have; you can use the scheduling feature to create content well in advance and schedule it to post on whatever schedule you choose.
- Categorizing and Tagging. Adding custom categories and tags will help you manage and archive your content and provide an improved browsing experience for website visitors. Your topics can be grouped together so that users will always be able to find all the information they need with just one click.
- Media. Managing photos and videos has never been easier. Upload and embed multimedia content in a matter of seconds without any help from a graphics specialist.
- Plugins and Widgets. There currently are 10,221 (and counting) free plugins ready for downloading and implementing into your WordPress website. SEO tools, affiliate marketing tools, contact forms, image galleries and many more are all at your fingertips. It’s pretty amazing, you could discover a new plugin every day.
WordPress Is Interactive
The platform makes it easy for users to connect with you by leaving comments and feedback that helps you further tailor your website to the needs and interests of your users.
Moreover, updates on your business blog can be spread online within seconds through a wide range of news aggregation sites. Is there any better way to interact with your customers? And potential customers?
WordPress Is SEO Friendly
With plugins developed especially for this very purpose, and Matt Cutts stating that “WordPress takes care of 80-90% of (the mechanics of) Search Engine Optimization (SEO),” your WordPress website is more likely to get ranked in search engines. Better ranking brings more visitors and more visitors give you a greater chance to increase your profits. Enough said!
WordPress Is Basically Spam-Free
Akismet, the ultimate spam blocker plugin, is effective and automatically blocks unwanted comments. Other free add-ons and settings let you filter and dispose of junk comments easily.
Just like the iPhone or the invention of sliced bread, this platform is cool. And let’s face it, who doesn’t want to associate with a product that is cool, vibrant and fun and ultimately, sells?
Is WordPress Easy to Use?
You don’t need to hire a rocket scientist to manage your website’s everyday changes and/or updates. The multifunctional dashboard can be mastered by any of your staff members, as it doesn’t require any HTML knowledge or other tech heavy lifting.
That being said, if you need more advanced functionality or a unique, custom theme to stand out from the crowd, hiring WordPress development experts such as the PSD2HTML WordPress developers is a wise thing to do.
With 16+ years of experience providing top-level WordPress development services, there’s nothing we don’t know about the world’s most popular CMS. Let’s discuss your project today!